Who we are
Our Delivery Management team at Friday lead the planning and delivery of high-touch, deadline-driven digital services for a wide range of clients, within a multi-disciplinary agile teams. We're equally obsessed about the quality of our work, and the quality of experience the teams have in producing the work.
We use a mixture of largely agile techniques to deliver projects and products and when working within regulated client environments, we are confident working within formal change delivery frameworks. We relish learning and are curious by nature.
We prize collaborative ego-free people, who are able to show us that they’ve made both reasoned and intuitive decisions in previous jobs, are pragmatic, and have a strong team work ethic.
What you'll do
The Senior Delivery Manager's role at Friday is to set the team up for success, support them in problem solving and enable them to come up with their own amazing insights and products within constraints. But that doesn’t mean delivery management sits ‘outside’ the team. As Senior Delivery Manager you’ll be in and of the delivery, shoulder-to-shoulder with the team and deep in the detail of the work.
You'll be fully client-facing, harnessing the metrics coming from the team, both to help the team improve its own throughput and to inform clients and others about how the teams are delivering. You’ll be experienced at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a higher level, developing client relationships and getting into the detail to make things happen.
- Confidently lead a range of projects simultaneously
- Work at a strategic level with internal colleagues and clients
- Develop, motivate and inspire project teams
- In discussion and agreement with the team, implement the delivery approach and take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered successfully
- Ensure our delivery solutions are robust and commercially strong
- Collaborate with a mixed-disciplinary team to deliver digital products and services
- Formulate delivery strategies and be a delivery expert who the team can draw upon
- Clearly communicate delivery direction to others and at the same time spend approximately 85% - 90% of your time 'in the work'
- Build relationships with other teams and with our clients
- Guide the dynamic planning process and delivery of projects, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide recommendations to alleviate significant delivery challenges
- Accurately scope, estimate and define effort for complex projects, to create proposals and Statements of Work
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate delivery methodology, learning and iterating frequently
- Analyse and evaluate risks to make recommendations for ways forward, taking into account of the wider context of a project
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or expectations and help guide the team to the right solutions
- Make timely decisions, communicate them clearly and action them swiftly.
The key skills you will require to be successful in this role are:
- Be visible to your teams and our clients, and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with the team, the client and the stakeholders
- Confidently run project rhythms and routines, with the team and client
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages on priorities, objectives and expectations
- Maintain clear, calm communication in challenging circumstances, encourage others to do the same and lead by example
- Use your strong communication skills within the team and client to resolve issues
- Ensure feedback is flowing appropriately, is observed, analysed and actioned by the team to improve delivery practices
Delivering quality at pace
- Draw on a reservoir of prior experience and learnings to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time
- Demonstrate wide-ranging and deep knowledge and skills to deliver, but identify when to ask for help
- Cast project team members in a timely and accurate way, ensuring the right fit for the work
Collaboration and Partnering skills
- Actively build relationships with colleagues, clients and third party contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across disciplines and other boundaries
- Be involved in the work and collaborate with team members as part of the creation and solution-finding process
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
Sharing and Learning skills
- Run and contribute to team meetings/show and tell sessions and project retros
- Understand the client's business so as to be able to have discussions confidently
- Develop enough understanding of the technical domain to be able to recognise the technical risks arising from the development process
- Lead and understand the delivery practices in use.
The Big Plus
In addition to the above, we'd love it if you:
- Are a confident user of JIRA and Confluence
- Were an active member of the wider industry, keeping up to date with issues and trends, and sharing your knowledge generously
- Had previous experience of working in an Agency or comparable environment
Our ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be an effective and persuasive communicator
- Be a confident presenter and negotiator
- Be a confident self-starter, well organised and self-motivated
- Have excellent numerical skills
- Have exemplary attention to detail
- Have a pragmatic approach, a willingness to listen and adapt and are energised by the service design challenges our clients bring
- Be a selfless team player who understands the importance of your craft
- Have deep practitioner skills across the range of the delivery and project management spectrum
- Be willing to share knowledge and collaborate with others to bridge across disciplines
- Have an enthusiastic attitude and be demonstrably passionate about digital delivery
- Have a strong 'can do' ethos
- Be collaborative, friendly, 'hunchy' with bags of initiative
Reporting to Stacey, Head of Delivery, this is a permanent, full-time job in our Clerkenwell office.
If you think you’re that special someone we’re looking for, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference Senior Delivery Manager in your subject.