Friday is looking for a Client Lead
Client Leads at Friday help clients identify, understand and define business, service and marketing problems and opportunities that can be addressed “by digital”. They lead the relationship as part of teams that address these problems through digital product and service design, and engineering.
What you’ll do
- Be the client’s digital counsel
- Help clients uncover and articulate digital service challenges and opportunities in their business
- Support them in defining, describing and prioritising these challenges
- Show how digital service design and engineering can help address these challenges
- Be an advocate for customer centric design techniques - driving customer intimacy and insight wherever possible, using that insight as the foundation for strategies and solutions, and for longer term planning around meeting customer needs
- Find expertise and insight, and share this with the client, helping them to be better informed and better armed to raise and justify the profile of digital within their business
- Maintain your own deep and rich knowledge and understanding of interactivity (and of product and service design, digital delivery, etc.) - of what makes beautifully useful digital services and how what it takes to deliver them
- Collaborate with other agencies, partners and suppliers to the client, to serve the client’s interests first
- Be a window into the client’s people, business, customers, challenges, opportunities, etc., for Friday. Share everything you learn about the clients, generously and frequently
- Manage an equitable client relationship as a trusted advisor to build long term value for both parties — sacrifice short term gains for long term trust.
- Encourage a culture of making things – of combining strategy and delivery as two sides of the same coin. Participate in ‘the making’ personally and actively – through thinking, sketching and/ or prototyping, and by actively participating in and driving the decisions about product boundaries
- Develop an understanding of what makes for a good Friday project - what makes it right for us, what we have to do to make the output fabulous, and steer every project we have towards that desired goal
- Develop an understanding of the Friday design and delivery process, and along with everyone at Friday, play a part in ensuring it continues to evolve at the leading edge
- Work with the entire team to manage and maintain delivery quality - in all aspects of the client experience with Friday.
- Identify and manage a pipeline of revenue - accurately predicting the timing and value of projects ahead to support internal resource and capacity planning
- Work with clients to agree, as far as possible, a stable and predictable programme of work over time with mutual commitment to make it possible
- Work with the Friday Delivery team and heads of disciplines to ensure that you can meet and manage client expectations about project scope, deliverables, delivery schedule, costs, invoicing cycle, etc.
- At Friday, the unit of delivery is the team. Lead the relationship but be in the team, contributing to the work with your digital expertise
- Practice and actively promote a “one team” philosophy - driving maximum collaboration between Friday team members and with client team members, to find the best possible answer to client problems
- Be instrumental in pulling together the right skills, finding the right design and delivery model to form a very happy team that delivers excellent quality output for clients
- Dish out credit and praise everywhere it’s appropriate, ensuring everyone on the team knows they are appreciated and valued.
- Strive to help make Friday people (and the clients) better at their jobs. Do everything you can to make them more powerful than you.
Sales & Marketing
- Adopt and practice our sales and marketing philosophy, which is: “make friends”. Build and nurture valuable relationships that lead to work and referrals
- Leverage your network and ours to identify and secure new business and help us win pitch opportunities
- Represent Friday externally - in social media, at conferences and events, to the press, and socially as required.
- Relationship Management:
- Expand Friday’s relationship reach across a targeted set of account stakeholders representing C-level and executive/line level functions
- Support and grow Friday’s existing strategic client relationships
The Big Plus
In addition to the above, we’d love it if you:
- Were passionate about the impact of “the network” on the world - on culture, politics, commerce, art, etc.
- Had a habit of writing/blogging/speaking about your work, as a way of consolidating and sharing what you’ve learned
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who:
- Is an experienced digital Strategist/Experience Designer/ Engineer or Product Manager who knows what it takes to make digital services and iterate them until they’re right
- Has high emotional intelligence, and is able to build relationships inside and outside Friday
- Helps to sustain a high talent, high trust, open, collaborative culture in pursuit of the best work
- Has a “maker” orientation (with a preference for building, prototyping, testing – for making bits of internet)
- Wants to take the next step and lead multidisciplinary product and service design teams
- Is constantly curious and keen to learn, and encourages practice sharing and learning with others
- Is a confident and persuasive presenter, communicator and negotiator
- Has exemplary attention to detail
- Is collaborative and adaptable, warm and pragmatic, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative
Reporting to Atan, Client Partner, this is a permanent, full-time job in our Clerkenwell office. Salary: competitive, depending on experience
If you think you’re someone we’re looking for, please send us an email. Send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference Client Lead in your subject.