Friday is looking for a Midweight Strategist
Who we are
The strategy team works as part of multidisciplinary teams designing and building digital services for clients. We play a particular role in these teams, and bring a range of specific strategy skills and practices (including service design, digital product development and management) to unlock the best possible outcomes, and challenge the scale of our clients' ambition.
Our strategists lead stakeholder consultation and vision/innovation workshop activities. We define visions for whole digital systems and for the organisations that run them. We define and describe new product and service propositions. We help the client product- owner make the best decision to ensure products and services deliver on the proposition.
We champion the interests of the end user, and a practice of continual insight/validation with users. We advocate for data-driven decision-making, and actively use data to derive more value from product and services throughout their lifecycle.
What you'll do
As a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of digital interaction, your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Work with the strategy team and with clients to understand the challenges facing our clients and solve them with digital ingenuity
- Write, present and bring to life digital visions, strategies and technologies to create solutions to complex service and business problems
- Practice perpetual audience intimacy-using a range of techniques to derive insight about their needs, expectations and behaviours
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, both within Friday and beyond
- Work with the strategy team to keep aware of emerging issues in digital that strengthen our ability to support our clients
- Work with the team to help document and codify our practice
- Represent Friday, our projects and proposals to clients and the wider digital environment
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have experience of communicating and justifying an approach to solving client problems
- Be able to visualise your thinking and articulate strategic concepts quickly and easily
- Be able to create a compelling, persuasive argument and select the right format so it lands
- Have the ability of synthesising multiple conversations and creating a summary that participants recognise and value
- Have experience of moving a project forward and selecting the most appropriate method of collaboration
- Earn and sustain delegated product management authority from the client
The big plus
It would be a definite bonus if you also:
- Were happy sketching with pen and paper
- Had experience of effectively using collaborative tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Were comfortable using standard analytics packages such as Google Analytics and Web Trends
- Had previous digital agency experience, and/or experience in at least two of the following areas: service design, product development and product management
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- Self-organising, with excellent communication skills
- A problem solver who loves a complex problem and offers an elegant solution
- Adept at communicating technical issues to non-technical people effectively
- A willing team player and strongly supportive of their colleagues
- A self-starter who is keen to learn and develop
- An exceptional communicator who can work with clients and internal teams at all levels
- Delightfully non-ego driven
- Full of energy and passion for what they do
- Confident and generous in sharing their own specialist knowledge, ideas and solutions
- Able to make good decisions by applying both reason and intuition
- Collaborative, friendly, "hunchy" with bags of initiative.
Reporting to a Senior Strategist, this is a permanent, full-time job in our Clerkenwell office. Salary: competitive, depending on experience
If you think you’re someone we’re looking for, please send us an email. Send us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference MIDSTRAT in your subject.